New Native Brush and Shrub Ordinance takes effect
- Chapter 8.94 Native bushes and shrubs
- Native shrubs are defined as:
2) Mountain Mahogany
3) Mountain WhiteThorn
4) Service Berry
5) Sage species
6) Rabbit Brush
These Are NOT rare or endangered plants.
1) Juniper Shrubs
2) Spanish Broom
- Native brush shall not be planted or maintained within 15 feet of any building or structure.
- Acceptable – within 15 feet if plant is isolated and is heavily modified by removing dead branches and lower foliage.
- The maximum diameter of a single species shall not exceed 15 feet.
- Groups of shrubs clumped together shall not exceed 15 feet in diameter.
- Native brush shall be installed and maintained with horizontal spacing such that the space between two shrubs shall be a minimum of 2 times the height of the tallest shrub - unless shrub is isolated or heavily modified.